Featuring a wide, double-sized head with 360 fine needles, the XL Micro Needle Roller is designed for use on any area of the body to diminish cellulite, stretch marks, scars, wrinkles, and fine lines. Available in these 3 sizes:
1. Masks are powerfully concentrated. Masks are able to contain these higher levels of key ingredients because chemists do not have to be concerned with how blendable a product is that is rinsed off after a few minutes – or thrown away, if you use a sheet mask. Sheet masks, like SkinCeuticals Biocellulose Restorative Masque, are single-use masks that are individually sealed. These masks have extra muscle because they are sealed and protected from the air, which oxidizes and weakens many of the key ingredients.
2. Masks enhance the products in your regimen. You can achieve quicker and even better results, if you Continue reading
When it comes to layering your skincare products, there’s a right way and a wrong way. In fact, the order in which you apply your products is just as important as what’s inside them. You know the first step to use a cleanser, then a toner…but what comes next? Don’t fret. Learn to layer products like a pro, with our guide to skin care layering below.
Morning regimen order
1. As a general rule, apply your lightest product first. Serums, which can range in texture from liquid to gels are applied first because they deliver the highest concentrated of active ingredients most efficiently. Pick two or three serums that each treat one of your concerns. For wrinkles, we recommend formulations with added peptides, like PCA Skin ExLinea Peptide Smoothing Serum. Look for serums, like SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense, that contain salicylic acid is best for oily skin types.
2. Use targeted treatments for problem areas next, like Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix on that persistent blemish, or cover your crow’s feet with your favorite eye cream. We recommend one with an SPF like DDF Protective Eye Cream SPF 15 or Dermalogica Travel Size Total Eye Care SPF 15.
3. Then, apply full-face treatments, like an antioxidant treatment or acne treatment for the entire face.
4. Moisturize to seal in your other products. Facial oils, like John Masters Organics Pomegranate Facial Nourishing Oil or Rodial Stemcell Super-Food Facial Oil, can be applied after to any dry spots you find after moisturizing. If you’re using two or more serums under your moisturizer, skip any facial oils to avoid becoming too greasy. Remember, facial oils can penetrate moisturizers but not vice versa, so always apply your moisturizer before a facial oil. If you choose a moisturizer with an SPF, opt for one with UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection with a minimum SPF of 30. We recommend a lightweight, oil-free moisturizing SPF, like Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46.
5. SPF. You’ve heard it a million times, but we’ll say it a million-and-one. Never leave home without an SPF on your face. We’ll leave it at that.
Night regimen order
1. Retinols need to be applied directly to clean skin to be most effective. However, if you have sensitive skin, applying a serum or moisturizer before hand will help the retinol to penetrate with less irritation.
2. After your first layer has absorbed, apply any targeted treatments, like a rich eye cream (we recommend Neocutis Lumiere Riche Bio-Restorative Eye Balm), or if you have any other spot specific treatments, like NeoStrata HQ Skin Lightening Gel for dark spots and discoloration, now is the time to apply.
3. Finish with a moisturizer. Apply a heavier night cream, like SkinCeuticals Emollience, for drier skin types. If you have oily skin, opt for a lotion, instead of a cream as they are less hydrating. Many are specifically for problem or acne-prone skin. We like Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Face Lotion.
Morning or evening, remember to wait for a few minutes between for each layer to allow for the product to absorb. This way each product is able to penetrate and deliver its specific benefits without interfering with the function of the next product layer.
Think Dad doesn’t like to be pampered? Think again! This year retire those BBQ sets and ties for something that will leave him looking and feeling great! Need some gift inspiration? Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide below!
To get your gift by Father’s Day, be sure to place your order before June 6 for Standard shipping, June 10 for Priority shipping, and June 12 for Express shipping.
Light Therapy has proved to be a very effective method to cure skin conditions like wrinkles, acne, wounds and general aging. It is also non-invasive and that is welcomed by many patients. Even if you do not have a skin condition but nevertheless you desire an enhancement, you can get your wish fulfilled by using Continue reading
Meet the newest John Masters award winners! Light weight conditioner to leave in or rinse out.
John Masters Organics Citrus and Neroli Detangler
- InStyle’s Best Beauty Buys – Best Eco-Friendly Shampoo/Conditioner
- Ultimate Natural Beauty Bible Awards 2014 Conditioner Winner
Broad-spectrum sun protection
John Masters Organics Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
- Ultimate Natural Beauty Bible Awards 2014 Sunscreen Winner
- Natural Health Beauty Awards Sun Care Winner
Have you tried John Masters Organics?
Cleaning your Clarisonic may seem redundant, but caring for your beloved facial brush can actually help it last longer. Plus, a dirty brush can spread around unwanted bacteria, fungus, and mold. Keep your pores and your Clarisonic clean following the steps below!
1. Remove the brush head. You can also push in the white clips on the back to separate the inner bristles from the outer bristle ring for a more thorough cleaning.
2. Add a couple drops of antibacterial soap to an old toothbrush and scrub the bristles and crevices of the brush head first. Then repeat with the device handle and rinse with warm water. Don’t worry about getting the power buttons wet – the entire device is waterproof!
3. Let the brush head air-dry overnight, before reattaching it to the handle.
4. Store your Clarisonic properly. The Aria and Pro models go upright in their drying/charging stands. Mias should lie face down with the cap on to protect the brush head bristles.
Is it time to replace that brush head? Shop Clarisonic Replacement Brush Heads here.